Monday, July 20, 2009

Fuel pods





First mistake I made using spray can:

I didn't use any primer on the pods. As a result, most of the paint cracked off especially when I tried to use the masking tape or even by touching it. Primer is a must. But watch out for white primer and the gray one. Gray is for darker color paint. But I never tried it.

New Hyper Bazooka





This is what I did for the bazooka:

1. Apple Mr. Cement Deluxe to the side of each piece of the bazooka.
2. Snap fit it firmly with rubber bands
3. Leave it dry for few days
4. Sand off excessive cement Tamiya Finishing Abrasives (Fine Set) P600
5. Wash it water and let it dry for a day
6. Spray Tamiya primer (white) on the bazooka

*Problem:
When I sprayed the white primer, I notice few black line appearing along the seam line. It means that I have done a poor job in covering the seam line.

*To solve this:
  • I applied a bit of cement to this black line to cover it after the primer is dry
  • Sand it off and wash it
  • Apply another layer of primer
7. Once dry, I applied Pylox Pure White Flat to it
8. Then I do masking on the bazooka with masking tape to cover the white part
9. Spray it with Pylox Silver
10. After some cleaning and panel lining, I using Top Coat Flat to cover the paint.

*What I discover:
I discover I can remove the dirt or marker ink by rubbing painted bazooka with eraser (must be white & clean) without leaving any stain especially on the white part. This is before I apply Top Coat.


I painted one of inside the tube before I apply cement.



IMPORTANT: Please note that, this is my own way of dealing with problem at hand and some of the steps might not be appropriate at all. It is advisable to refer forums like zeroG or other modeling forum to professional method.

Hi-Nu's Shield





Upper Body:






As for the interior of the thruster, I used gundam marker yellow to it. Then I personally like to add some gundam marker white around the tip of the thruster. By doing this, the both of the colors will blend together to form a 2 tone color of yellow.











Other parts:



More masking for the side skirts. Quite a lot of mistake I made, so I end up covering some with the panel line markers.




Painted the interior armor with Pylox Misty Gray
spray can

Up Close Shot of the Fin Funnels